Wednesday 13 January 2010

My Jobs

I was in charge/or a member of, filming, editing, advertising (not needed but was fun), directing.

The editing is always the most personally satisfying moment for me, being able to cut and paste and edit the sounds, visual effects sound effects etc. of the final piece, it is really satisfying.

I am generally pleased with the editing process although now when I watch it all I can see are the mistakes and what/how we could have done to make it even better. I think when you spend so much time on something and when you have to change it quite a lot you get so used to being tough and critical that you completely ignore the good points and just see the bad, and when you are good at something all you see is your weaknesses and not what makes you good at that particular task.

I am pleased with my input in the overall piece as I hard a large role in the editing, and the editing has made the film look quite professional, the filming was okay although I know that I could have used some more creative shots and less dull and uncolourful shots, I should have made the scenes lit up more.

The poster was fun to make, random film poster/DVD cover making something I tend to do in all of my spare time anyway. I just wanted to have something else to add to the piece to show that we had planned the rest of the film out more than just the two minutes of it that we actually could film.

No comments:

Post a Comment