Friday 15 January 2010

Poster

I thought it would be best to start my blog with a poster of our film. Using Paint.Net I managed to conjure up this simple poster just to advertise the film, and to show the production we would have aimed our piece to be produced/funded by - talked about in more depth in my evaluation.

I wanted to use a slighlty blurred image of Jack as this seemed to be common in a lot of 60's posters, the technology was not as efficient as now. I turned the majority of his head white to try to make it look more like a piece of art than an adertisement. I think the effect covers him in mystery, something that would be shown throughout the film. This therefore ties into the title 'The SECRET Life of Tommy Blackwell.' I thought it would be best to use another one of his costumes, not the one featured in the opening, just to show that we would change his costume somewhere throughout the whole film. 'The Darkest Side of Rock and Roll' comes from a line that one of Richard Curtis' characters says in The Boat That Rocked. Gavin Kavanagh, "It's the dark side of rock 'n' roll. As an exaggeration of this line, the Darkest side, seemed very appropriate. Also it shows his dark side when listening to rock and roll possibly? Possibly something that features later in the film? I think the symbol of 'ban the bomb' instead of an 'O' in Tommy, was just as a reference to the 60's, something it is also renowned for. Along with, of course, the complete opposite of peace which is maybe the significance to our piece? Together with the dark side of Tommy while listening to rock and roll and the peace sign. A suggestion of reference to the plot of the whole film.

No comments:

Post a Comment